Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Finals Week!!

Sorry this is such a late post for the week. I am working on my assignments for finals. Plus I'm waiting on some new goodies to arrive. After Friday I hope to get going on some fun new projects I've been wanting to try.

In the meantime here is a project I did using My Digital Studio (MDS) from Stampin' Up!. I belong to a yahoo group that holds a virtual convention (VC Rocks) every year. This year for the virtual hotel, I picked the 80's floor. We had to make a scrapbook page using the theme of and a photo of ourselves from the 80's. Oh to be that skinny again! :) And don't you just love that blue eyeshadow. Totally Rad!


OK, I will give you something much nicer to look at. Again I apologize, but I haven't had a lot of time to create lately, so several of the items used on this card are now retired. I made this for my roommate in the VC virtual hotel a few weeks ago; her favorite color is purple too. But, you can always substitute new products in the layout!


The main image is from the Elegant Trio stencil set in the Definitely Decorative brochure. I used Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, and Old Olive inks to create the flower. The DSP is Cottage Wall (retired) and the sentiment is a rub-on from the Chat Room set (retired). Both of these projects were pretty quick and easy to make.

Well, back to studying. I will dazzle you with some new creations next week with products from the new catalog.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Allison said...

I love both of these projects! I love the 80's pages, and your card is so pretty! I always forget to use the DD stencils on cards--thanks for the reminder!

Good luck with your finals!

Amanda Mertz said...

I love the look of the stencil. You picked great colors for it!

Rosa Youschak said...

Retired or not it's all still great product. Very nice!

Shari said...

So elegant! Great card.

angieh29 said...

Love this idea for the stencils! I haven't known what to do with them! Thanks for being a part of the SUO blog group from splitcoast!

Lois said...

Totally rocking 80's page! And the card is very cute! Love those colors. TFS