Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Oasis Shimmer

I really like the versatility of this layout and have used it on several cards in the past (which have not been posted...yet). But if you look at the star card in my Versatile Class post you can see that I used the same layout for a different look.

For this card I used the new Island Oasis DSP and the Square Lattice Sizzix Embossing Folder on the Turquoise mat. I usually shy away from the bold-bright color schemes, but I really like this new paper. Very summery! :)

The large and small rose red flowers, as well as the small orange flower, are cut out from one of the DSP designs. The other two flowers were stamped and all were spritzed with the Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz. That stuff is awesome! It gives just the right touch of glitz without going over the top. I also spritzed the sentiment and added a couple of rhinestone brads for a touch more sparkle.

This card would be great to send just to brighten someone's day, as a birthday card, or even as an invitation to a tropical themed party, just by changing the sentiment.

Stamps: Tropical Party, Embrace Life (retiring)
Paper: Island Oasis DSP, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron
Accessories: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain, Modern Label Punch, Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads, Dimensionals

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I didn't get this set, but now I'm thinking I have to! What a pretty card!

Amanda Mertz said...

So pretty! I can totally see the shimmer! I think I may have to CASE this layout! TFS!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! I love the summery colors and the fabulous go-to layout. :-)

Alexandria said...

Very pretty! I love the embossing folder! Mine will hopefully be here soon (it's on backorder) and I NEED that stamp set!

angieh29 said...

So pretty! Love the flowers!