Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Paisley Petals Test Case

Now that they are no longer available to purchase, I have finally got around to making something with the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper and the Four Frames Stamp set. The good thing about that is, they will both be available AGAIN in the new 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog coming in July!! Only a couple of months away!

While big floral prints are not typically my style, my Mom likes them, so I made a gift for her using the paper and stamp set for Mother's Day. She was definitely my guinea pig for this one, as it was also the first clear case notepad set I have made. Fortunately, she loved it. (But then Moms are a bit prejudiced when it comes to their kids talents.) :)

I have seen a lot of the cover inserts made for these cases using Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio. Using MDS gives you the opportunity to add beautiful digital embellishments and rearrange your layout as many times as you like, without wasting any supplies. Since the digital layouts are not bulky like normal layouts, they slip right into the case cover. I will definitely be making more of this fun and easy project, and next time will be printing some MDS cover inserts as well.


While I wanted to showcase the floral pattern of the paper, I still think the front cover is a little plain. If I hadn't waited until the last minute to make it, I probably would have embellished it a bit differently.



I really like how the inside turned out and was actually surprised at the thickness of the two pads together not causing a problem with closing the case. These are so handy for your purse or car whenever you need to write a reminder note to yourself or make a quick to do list.

Both of the large green mat pieces and the little piece under the clip are Mellow Moss, however, the lighting makes them look like two different shades of green. Of course I didn't look closely at the pictures until after giving it to her. Oh well...can't retake them now.

Stamps: Four Frames (available in July), Notes & Details, Office Accoutrement (retired)
Paper: Paisley Petals DSP
(available in July), Not Quite Navy, Mellow Moss (retired)
Accessories: Clip Assortment, Basic Pearls, Decorative Label Punch, Double Stitched Baja Breeze Grosgrain, Mini notepad, Post-It note pad, Mini pen

Enjoy!

2 comments:

The Country Rose said...

Another beauty and what a great project!

Barb

Unknown said...

A great mother's day gift!