Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Roomie Kindness

I made this card for my VC* Roomie, Kristi.  A couple of her favorite color combos are Cherry Cobbler/Early Espresso/Very Vanilla and Always Artichoke/River Rock/Very Vanilla.  So I decided to mash them up a bit and came up with this.

I added a touch of Marina Mist to give it a little "pop".  Kindness Matters is such a pretty set; I really need to use it more often.  I used the Vintage Wallpaper folder to emboss the Always Artichoke piece, then distressed the edges and sponged the entire piece.

I had a bottle of Marina Mist shimmer spritz made up so I used a small paint brush and the spritz to paint the butterflies and add just a hint of sparkle.  The ribbon is Marina Mist Scallop Dots Ribbon just flipped over.  I grunged it up a bit with some Early Espresso.  The polka dots didn't really work for this card, but the color and style certainly did. :)

Stamps: Kindness Matters
Paper: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Marina Mist
Misc.: Marina Mist Scallop Dots Ribbon, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (mixed with Marina Mist ink), Distress Tool, Sponges, Paint Brush, Dimensionals

*You can learn more about VC Rocks by visiting our blog.

Make it a great day!

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

I really like the CAS layout and I bet the shimmer looks awesome! TFS!