Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Two In One

I don't know about you, but I can never find a bookmark when I need one. Most of the time I end up using a receipt or some scrap piece of paper. The ironic thing is, I have several beautiful bookmarks around the house!

Well, here is a card and gift all in one, for the reader in your family or circle of friends who may always be looking for a bookmark too. The bookmark is included right in the card's design!I used Elegant Eggplant, Close to Cocoa and Old Olive for the color scheme. The sentiment is stamped on Very Vanilla. The large Old Olive mat was run through the Big Shot using the Flowers Texturz plate. The corners on the sentiment layers were made using the ticket corner punch.By mounting the card mat and the sentiment on dimensionals, it's easy to slide the bookmark on and off the card. The Old Olive piece for the top of the bookmark is a label from the Matchbox Bigz XL die, the "weight" on the bottom of the ribbon is a flower from the Filigree designer brad set. I stamped the butterfly from Great Friend on vanilla cardstock in Elegant Eggplant craft ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder before cutting it out. I dyed two of the half pearls from the Pretties Kit using Elegant Eggplant reinker for the butterfly's body.

This is a quick yet elegant little card and gift set to give any reader in your life.

Kym

No comments: