Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Paper Quilting

These are some paper quilting cards I made for my Mom, who is an actual quilter, for her birthday. The maple leaf is one of her favorite quilt designs. The card base is Kraft and I used Bella Bleu dsp to make the leaf pattern.



For these cards I used the retired 2009 SAB designer paper Delicate Dots and Whisper White textured cardstock for the base. Which worked great, as her favorite colors are yellow and blue. I had every intention of making these well ahead of time and researched patterns that I thought would convert easily to cards, as I am not a quilter myself. However, as seems to be my normal "style", I waited until the last minute, so I needed some quick inspiration and found some wonderful samples on SCS here and here. I changed up the paper and colors and was able to get these done fairly quickly.

For the sentiments I used Well Scripted from the Spring Occasions Mini, as well as one of my favorite sets Sincere Salutations.

These were a little more difficult to make than I had thought, but after the first one it wasn't too bad, although I don't think I will be taking up quilting as a hobby. :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Alexandria said...

I love these quilt cards!