Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

The rush of Fall and Pumpkin Donuts

The official start of Autumn is almost here, my all time favorite season! Of course, I love all the typical things about it-the cooler weather, the beautiful colors, and all the wonderful foods coming from the garden; along with the anticipation of the festivals, craft fairs and approaching Holidays.

However, one of my most favorite things about Fall is the pumpkin donuts from our local orchard. These are not the typical donuts with the orange colored faux flavored icing you find in the grocery store or local donut shops. No, no, my friends, these are made with the real goods-pumpkins right out of their fields. They are a light airy cake style donut with a wonderfully sweet glaze. And man are they addictive!! Yum...I may need to run out to the orchard after work!

Sorry I can't share with you, but here is something sweet to feast your eyes upon:

This little beauty is made using envelopes. The majority of the supplies are from the new Spice Cake suite in the Holiday Mini. This was a lot of fun to make and pretty easy too. I have several packs of fabric from SU, but this is the first time I have actually used any of it. I will definitely be breaking into those other packs now. :)

I am planning on making several types of these for some upcoming craft fairs. I think they will make wonderful gifts for friends and family.

The "tabs" for the inserts are made from strips of the fabric.

I thought the tags would be a great place for family members and friends to write down what they are thankful for, or a special memory.

The fabulous tutorial for this mini scrapbook can be found here. Sarah's tutorial is very easy to follow. Check out some of the other free project tutorials she offers too. I will definitely be CASEing more from her. :)

Stamps: Gently Falling, Tiny Tags, Holiday Best(retired)
Paper: Spice Cake DSP, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Old Olive
Misc.: Spice Cake Designer Buttons, Spice Cake Designer Fabric, Very Vanilla Envelopes, Linen Thread, Hemp Twine, Scallop circle, 2.5" circle, 1.25" circle, and Jewelry Tag punches, Baja Breeze Seam Binding, Mini Vintage Tags, Manilla tags, Retired Designer Buttons, Crop-A-Dile, Distress Tool (Cutter Kit), Sponges



Make it a great day!

2 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

So pretty! Each page look beautiful and well coordinated! I'll have to give the tutorial a look! And those donuts sound awesome! TFS!

The Country Rose said...

Wow! LOVE this little book you made! Beautifully done!

Barb