Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Masculine Thanks

I'm finding that I am not having as difficult a time doing quick and simple cards as much as I used to. Even my daughter noticed it. When I showed her the card for this post she said, "Wow, what happened? You did a simple card!" (LOL)

I needed a thank you card for a male friend, so going with vintage, frills or collage wasn't an option anyway. I also needed to get it done quickly, which always aids in the decision to use less product.

I adore Bonsai trees which is the main reason I bought the Plant Hope set. Having only used the palm tree in the set so far, I figured it was time to get more use out of it. I colored the Bonsai stamp with markers, misted it with water, and then stamped it on watercolor paper. I then misted the paper to get the colors to bleed a little bit.

Be careful when doing this, start with just one or two light mists to see what the colors do. You can always add more water, but there's not much you can do once the colors have all bled into a muddy blob because the paper is soaked. :)

I then layered the image on a distressed piece of soft suede. The ribbon is Pear Pizzazz seam binding with Hemp Twine layered on top of that. I only put adhesive in the middle of the image mat so that the corners and edges stayed "loose" for some added dimension. The card base is textured Early Espresso cardstock.

Stamps: Plant Hope
Ink:
Early Espresso, Old Olive and Soft Suede Markers
Paper: Early Espresso Textured, Soft Suede, Watercolor Paper
Misc.: Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding, Natural Hemp Twine



Make it a great day!!

3 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Cool card! I always forget about the misting with water thing! I'm sure your male friend loved it! TFS!

Leigh Anne said...

OH I Love this set too, and mostly for the bonsai, but trees in general I like - GREAT idea to do this in watercolor THAT way. I have done it with other stamps, but will do this one too now! TFS

Unknown said...

I love this card! I had also forgotten about misting with water before stamping--thanks for the reminder!