Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Crafty Red Stilettos

I love using my craft items for non-traditional projects. These are something I whipped up over the weekend. They are a gag gift for a friend. The gag is that they are for a guy. I won't bore you with the story, it wouldn't be as funny in translation. Just picture someone similar to Michael Chiklis wearing these and you should at least giggle. :)

BEFORE



AFTER

And here is a close-up:


The ribbons are Stamin' Up! Cherry Cobbler seam binding and Striped Riding Hood Red Grosgrain. The dangling crystals are Tim Holtz and the metal filigree piece and large rhinestone I believe are BoBunny. I was doing some cleaning of the craft room and going through a huge box of embellishments. These pieces were perfect for this project.

I attached the bows with glue dots, as I am assuming they are not actually going to be worn...

I'd break my other ankle if I tried walking around in these babies. Anyway, if you really wanted to bling out some plain shoes, even nice safe flats or wedges, I would recommend using a stronger adhesive or a clip of some kind that you can take on and off without damaging the shoe.

Just remember those craft supplies can be used for just about anything! Have fun creating!!!

Kym

2 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Very fun! I hope you got pictures when your friend opened up his gift! =) TFS!

Unknown said...

These are adorable! Hope your friend liked them. :-)