Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Distressed Razzleberry Birdie

I made this for one of my upline's demo meeting swaps. I definitely would not do this for a LARGE swap; it's a bit time consuming, but so much fun to make and I really like how they turned out.

Rich Razzleberry is the base of this card. The larger mat is Soft Suede and the DSP is from the Cottage Wall collection. For the main image, I colored the Wings of Friendship stamp with Razzleberry and Old Olive markers and then misted the stamp with water before stamping on Naturals White cardstock.

After stamping and cutting out several of the open flowers, I sponged the edges, placed a rhinestone brad in the center and popped them up with dimensionals. I wasn't happy with the size or look of the olive ribbon on it's own, and didn't want the polka dots showing on the soft suede ribbon, so I flipped it over and layered the olive grosgrain on top.

Editing to Add: I used the distressing tool from the Cutter Kit on all the layers. On the focal layer with the bird, I also used my scissors. I opened them up, like if I was going to curl ribbon, placed the edge of the paper in the "v" of the scissors and ran them down the edge of the paper. I then added a few small slices along the edges. Be careful though, you need a light touch when doing this, otherwise you could slice your image in half. Ask me how I know... :)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Shari said...

This is beautiful! How did you do your distressing? I can never get it right. Yours looks amazing! Share your technique please!

Alexandria said...

Very pretty card! I love the vintage look!

Pat said...

I love this card!!! It's gorgeous!TFS

Amanda Mertz said...

Fabulous card! I love the blurred image!! I'm going to have to try that technique!