Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Flowers from Bird Wings?

So here is a fun way to use the 2-Step Bird punch and not make a bird. You can make tulips! I saw this idea on one of the swaps I received at the Milwaukee Regional I attended last week. I will be posting pics from that in a few days.



Punch out three of the little wings and layer them on top of each other. I used one of the new core colors - Cherry Cobbler. It is a beautiful rich red and it's going to be one of my new favorites, along with Marina Mist. See how well they go together...


Stamps:Bella's Bloom Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red
Cardstock:Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Extra Large 2-Step Bird Punch, Top Note Bigz Die, Distressed Texturz Plate,
Sponge Dauber, Whisper White Grosgrain
, Glue Dots, Tombow

The stems are the leaf from the bird punch. I cut the Marina Mist Top Note in half and sponged the edges with Baja Breeze and sponged the edges of the tulip petals with Riding Hood Red. The Always Artichoke strip was run through the Big Shot with the Distressed Texturz plate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another pretty card! You have a great style--I love your blog! :-)