Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Color Renovation

I received my New Color samples from the Color Renovation. I really like these new colors, they are so yummy and vibrant. I am really excited about the new color collections.


(Color Renovation jpeg by Marie S)

I only wish I had more paper to work with right now and the coordinating inks, ribbons, accessories... It's going to seem like forever before we can buy them.

Since I didn't have the matching ink to work with, I had to improvise a little bit, but I used colors within the same collections and I think they worked pretty well. The Early Espresso is a blackish brown or a cool brown.

Be sure to click on the pictures to get a closer look at these luscious new colors.


Cardstock:
Early Espresso, Naturals White Ink: Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Accessories: Linen Thread, Clip Assortment


I finally got my extra large 2-step bird punch!!! Yeah, I am loving this punch. Make sure you order one before the Mini ends. I have some other fun samples to show you using this punch. I sponged the edges of the Daffodil Delight bird and his wing with So Saffron ink, then popped his little wing up with a dimensional.

Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron Stamps: Tiny Tags, Sense of Time
Accessories:2-step Bird Punch, Medium Jewelry Tag Punch, Linen Thread, Cottage Wall DSP,Dimensional, Sponges


Since we only received one sheet of each of the New Colors, most of the samples are ATC or mini size cards, so I could make more samples and show you lots of wonderful color combos. I ran Riding Hood Red ink over the edges of the butterfly and across the embossing. It goes wonderfully with the Cherry Cobbler paper. The Cajun Craze is a nice vibrant rust color

Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, Naturals White
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard Marker Stamps: Wings of Friendship (Hostess)
Accessories:Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Linen Thread, Vintage Brads, Mat Pack, Sponge Dauber

The butterfly embosslit is also in the Occasions mini, so make sure you get it quick. Check back tomorrow to see more new color samples and a fun way to use the 2-step bird punch to make something other than a bird!

Enjoy!

No comments: